Monday, February 8, 2010

Be Mine Gift Bag
























Can you believe that it is almost Valentine's Day? But there is still plenty of time to whip up some cute Valentine's scrappy goodies!! I used the February kit to make this adorable little gift bag that I plan to fill up with heart candies and hershey kisses to give to my hubby! Want to make one? It's easy!

Instructions:
- Cut 5 1/2 " x 10 1/2" from solid cardstock
- Score 1 1/4 " from each long side and 4 1/4" from each short side.
- Cut on the last two score lines 1" to other score lines.
- Punch (or cut as I did) 3/8" from the top of the front.
- Use gel pen to make stitching lines around the top of the purse and the punched opening.
- Fold on lines, folding small tabs to inside and adhere the sides.
- Cut belly band from patterned paper 1 1/2" x12" and adhere to front.
- Cut closure band from solid cardstock 1 1/2" x 7".
- Cut patterned paper 1" x 7" and adhere to centre of closure band. Add stitching lines and then adhere to the back under the belly.
- Cut strap 3/4" x 7" and adhere.

I hope you make one and post it in the gallery so we can all admire it!!


4 comments:

Brenda said...

What a great project! Thanks so much for the detailed instructions!

AmesOx said...

JAMIE!!! This is ADORABLE. I think I need to make some now, and what a fabulous tutorial! Love it.

sarahw said...

This is such a great bag! Thank you so much for the directions. I have made two of them. :) I tried to get to the gallery but I keep getting an error. I did put the bags on my blog. sarahw-stampinwithsarah.blogspot.com
Thanks again.

Magento Themes said...

Adorable!!! I just love this gift box.. How nicely you've made this box...Those color and the design was great. I'll try it.
Thanks for this great inspiration.


Blog Credit:
Graphics used on page are from digital scrapbooking kits Ladybird and Bee Love by Mag Designs. Blog arranged by Designs by Sarah using her Blog Design Service.